Submersible Maquette - Cars For Sale - Used Cars For Sale - Used Cars - Sellcar-online.com®

Cars For Sale - Used Cars For Sale - Used Cars - Sellcar-online.com®

Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Submersible Maquette






Reference maquettes don't have to be made from Sculpey. Any materials that you've got in the studio or workshop can come in handy (which is a good excuse for being a lateral thinker and a packrat).


I constructed this very rough maquette for Arthur Denison's submersible using cardboard for the body profile and a clear plastic egg shape, which I filled with kit-bashed plastic model parts. The long gray pieces came from a model railroad supply store.

As you can see, I didn't follow the maquette closely at all, but it was really valuable for imagining Arthur Denison's submersible. I also referenced reconstructions of Bushnell's Turtle, a Revolutionary-era ancestor of submarines.


Combined with a kronosaur maquette that I had on hand, along with underwater photos of whales, I felt more sure of myself when I tackled a more difficult scene like this one, from Dinotopia: The World Beneath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment